what better way to spend a leisurely morning than a cozy date at a coffee shop? perfect weather has us hopping around to our favorite coffee shops lately, meeting friends, acquaintances and even sneaking away for an hour of me-time. there’s something liberating about ditching the typical to-go order, and truly enjoying the whole experience.
here are our 5 tips for the perfect coffee date:
- leave the technology at home. or, at least in your purse. focus on the company around you, and be present in the moment. observe and actively listen.
- stay awhile. if you’re meeting a friend, sip slowly and stay awhile. adopt a leisurely attitude, giving your mind and body a break.
- don’t order your usual. try something new and different, so it feels like a treat. don’t worry about the calories, indulge a little. enjoy it!
- engage in a conversation. lately, it seems we type more than we speak. challenge yourself with a heated debate. vibe off the unexpectedness of face-to-face conversation.
- be inspired. soak in the ambiance – the mix of people, the hum of the espresso machine, the click of keyboards – and appreciate the creativity all around.
here’s to more foam smiles! enjoy your next coffee date, friends.